Each season, a swim club must register (or re-register) our officials with Swim Ontario and Swimming Canada. To become registered as an official with York Swim Club for the 2019-20 season please use the link below to review the Code of Conduct, consent to the PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act) and provide required registration information.
- 2019-20 Officials Registration link -- please copy and paste email address firstname.lastname@example.org on the final page before clicking 'Submit'
Online Officials Clinics
- Swimming Canada offers some official clinics online. Instructions to take these online clinics - here.
- Online Clinics available
- Intro to Swim Officiating
- Safety Marshal
- Chief Timekeeper
Webinar Officials Clinics
Offered by Swim Ontario in October, February, and May. October 2019 clinics are:
- Tuesday 1 October - 7:30-9:30 pm - Chief Timekeeper
- Thursday 3 October - 7:00-9:30 pm - Clerk of Course
- Monday 7 October - 7:00-9:30 pm - Recorder-Scorer
- Wednesday 16 October - 7:00-9:30 pm - Meet Manager
- Wednesday 23 October - 7:00-9:30 pm - Chief Finish Judge/Chief Judge Electronics
The registration for the October series of webinars is now open at the following link https://form.jotform.com/SwimOntario/official-clinic-webinars . A computer or tablet and internet connection are required. Tablets / Ipad devices do not provide all features of the webinar platform.
More Info about Swim Officiating? -- Please visit the Swim Ontario website Look under the 'Officials' tab.
Copies of Official Clinic Material? -- go here
Officials Education Pathway? -- go here
How to be certified as an Official (different levels)? -- go here