Each season, a swim club must register (or re-register) our officials with Swim Ontario and Swimming Canada. To become registered as an official with York Swim Club for the 2019-20 season please use the link below to review the Code of Conduct, consent to the PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act) and provide required registration information.
- 2019-20 Officials Registration link -- please copy and paste email address email@example.com on the final page before clicking 'Submit'
Online Officials Clinics
- Swimming Canada offers some official clinics online. Instructions to take these online clinics - here.
- Online Clinics available
- Intro to Swim Officiating
- Safety Marshal
- Chief Timekeeper
Webinar Officials Clinics
Offered by Swim Ontario in October, February, and May. May 2020 clinics are now available for registration at this link - https://form.jotform.com/SwimOntario/official-clinic-webinars . The following Clinics via Webinar will be offered for registration:
- Monday, May 4 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Clerk of Course
- Wednesday, May 6 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Recorder Scorer
- Tuesday, May 12 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Meet Manager
- Thursday, May 14 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Chief Finish Judge / Chief Judge Electronics
- Tuesday, May 19 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Judge of Stroke & Inspector of Turns*
- Wednesday, May 20 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Clerk of Course*
- Tuesday, May 26 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Recorder-Scorer*
- Wednesday, May 27 - 7:00 - 9:30 PM - Meet Manager*
Registration closes 1 week prior to the webinar.
*Note: The webinar will be cancelled with less than 10 registrants.
More Info about Swim Officiating? -- Please visit the Swim Ontario website Look under the 'Officials' tab.
Copies of Official Clinic Material? -- go here
Officials Education Pathway? -- go here
How to be certified as an Official (different levels)? -- go here